Sustainable business peak bodies and reporting frameworks:
Other relevant international organisations:
- GRI (previously the Global Reporting Initiative) (www.globalreporting.org) mainstreams disclosure on sustainability including environmental, social and governance performance. There is a GRI Focal Point in Australia and a number of accredited trainers of GRI reporting frameworks.
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative (www.ghgprotocol.org) – the foremost international accounting tool for government and business leaders to report and manage greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Carbon Disclosure Project (www.cdproject.net) works towards solutions to climate change and eco efficiencies by inviting companies to participate in this reporting process and public disclosure.
- The Carbon Trust (www.carbontruststandard.com) certifies and therefore improves confidence in claims by corporations to carbon mitigation.
- The Climate Group (www.theclimategroup.org) works at an international level with governments and business leaders to advance the smart policies, technologies and finance needed to cut global greenhouse gas emissions, and unlock a ‘clean industrial revolution’.
- The Climate Registry (www.theclimateregistry.org) through its support of both voluntary and mandatory reporting programs, the Registry provides data to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Finance Innovation Laboratory (www.thefinancelab.org) is a project jointly hosted by ICAEW and WWF-UK to transform the finance system to address global, social and environmental challenges, from climate change to global poverty.
- The OECD (www.oecd.org) is a leader in policy advocacy for a transition to a low-carbon economy to improve economic and social well-being for all people.