Did you miss the Chamber of Commerce & Industry Qld/ EcoBiz sustainable lighting webinar yesterday on lighting? No need to worry – access the recording here.
It was coordinated by the Chamber of Commerce (funded by the Queensland Government), facilitated by the University of Southern Queensland (Mike Gerlach) and delivered by a private provider, Kerry Simpson (Proprietor at Simmo’s Lighting Solutions, Queensland Lighting Design Engineer at Pierlite Australia Pty. Ltd., and Fellow at the Illuminating Engineering Society – IES).
Some interesting take-home messages:
- Turning it off after use is king;
- Buyer beware (eg check the data sheet – key claims may relate only to the life of the light rather than the other components);
- Make use of the Lighting Council for supplier database etc: http://www.lightingcouncil.com.au/site/capability.php
- The LED industry is bigger than the entire lighting industry and typically sales occur via electrical providers and outside of the normal lighting shops;
- Horses for courses (task lighting – fit for purpose);
- When changing from halogen to LED, check beam angle and lux/lumens required; and
- LEDs are the future – only sometimes T5 fluorescent lamps can be appropriate – compared to other fluros they have strong output per KW (and turn on fast).
Other resources by Ecobiz: How to start saving money in your business:
Register for other seminars in this series: http://www.cciqecobiz.com.au/events/ecobiz-webinar-series-3/
Register for a free coaching session here: http://www.australianbusiness.com.au/training/ecobiz-registration-form