Climate change mitigation
There are a wide range of mitigation pathways possible to limit global warming. At the national level, change is considered most effective when it reflects country and local visions and approaches to achieving sustainable development according to national
circumstances and priorities.
At a business level, decarbonisation should involve:
- understanding the baseline to set a trajectory over time
- setting targets for scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions to reach net zero well before 2050 and half emissions by 2030
- setting targets for 100% renewable energy (with consideration of forecast grid decarbonisation)
- limiting offsetting in preference to real reductions
- working with the supply chain to reduce scope 3 emissions.